Because I’m up to move to another city in the coming weeks I’ve decided to start packing up not only my clothes but what might be even more important than clothes nowadays (and can almost be considered as one of basic elements of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs pyramid for our young generation) – INTERNET. Even though I’m taking my tablet and smartphone with me on my journey, I still have some links saved in the favorite lists on my desktop computer which I have an access to at home. I use some of them regularly. The others I never tried, but saved for taking a closer look at further because I found them useful to myself. So I decided, figuratively speaking, to pack them up using my blog. Maybe you’ll also find some of them interesting and/or useful. In this case add them to your favorite’s sites, as I did. I would be glad if it helps you in some way :-)! For this purpose I attached a short description to any of them. I hope it makes a selection for you easier.
1. Airbnb https://www.airbnb.ru/ The useful Russian internet site about finding accommodation.
2. Europass http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae Make your CV online.
3. Life Optimizer http://www.lifeoptimizer.org/ The internet site about personal growth and development.
4. A Comprehensive List of MOOC (Massive Open Online Courses) Providers http://www.technoduet.com/a-comprehensive-list-of-mooc-massive-open-online-courses-providers/
5. VolunteerMatch.org http://www.volunteermatch.org/ The internet site designed to bring you in touch with a nonprofit organizations that needs you.
6. Freelance.ru https://www.free-lance.ru/ A Russian freelance trade exchange. For those who are looking for remote or part-time work opportunities in Russia.
7. ErasmusMundus http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mundus/funding/scholarships_students_academics_en.php Scholarship for students and postgraduates
8. English, baby http://www.englishbaby.com/ Free English lessons every day.
9. Train your accent http://www.trainyouraccent.com/ The internet site devoted to accent reduction training for foreign English speakers and conversational English practice, as well.
10. Learn English with PBS podcasting on http://www.pbs.org/
11. EnglishCentral http://www.englishcentral.com/videos# English video lessons.
12. Chinese-Tools.com http://www.chinese-tools.com/learn/chinese/ Start learning Chinese for free.
13. Doodlekit http://www.doodlekit.com/ Free website builder
14. The world Factbook https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html The internet site provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
15. Free online audio converter http://media.io/
16. Online converter http://www.online-convert.com/
17. Learn out loud http://www.learnoutloud.com/ English audio books
18. LibriVox http://librivox.org/ Free audiobooks
19. Vkontakte http://vk.com/club13812691 English audio books
20. Open Library http://openlibrary.org/read Free classic ebooks
21. Vkontanke http://vk.com/public40357045 English books
22. Vkontakte http://vk.com/public44844347 Books in foreign languages
23. Vkontakte http://vk.com/original_books Books in original languages
24. Vkontake http://vk.com/club55892076 English books in PDF format
25. Project Gutenberg http://www.gutenberg.org/ Free ebooks
26. Memrise http://www.memrise.com Learn foreign languages online using flashcards
27. Duolingo http://www.duolingo.com/# Learn foreign languages for free online
28. Business English lessons for adults http://business-english.com/
29. Podcast Francais facile http://www.podcastfrancaisfacile.com/ Learn Frnech with podcasts
30. About.com http://french.about.com/ Subscribe for free French lessons
31. Vkontakte http://vk.com/scholarships Scholarships, internship for study and work experience abroad
32. Wordle http://www.wordle.net/ Generate “word clouds” from text that you provide
33. Francais Authentique http://francaisauthentique.libsyn.com/ Podcasts for French learners
34. BBC – Languages http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/ Courses and phrases, audio and video, vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, activities and tests